Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Later on, I want to get back into a discussion about perfect objective separation from the AV without a Big Plan. I'm not yet convinced it's not possible to succeed at abstinence in that manner.

Here's a Trimpey quote someone sent me in a PM:
"In AVRT, is not possible to recognize all of your AV and still drink. That is part of the foundation for our 100% threshold of confidence. AVRT is perfect, and attempts to discover imperfection in AVRT are just so much AV."
This is part of the cluster **** I inadvertently contributed to, but Trimpey was assuming that one has made a Big Plan when he made that statement, and he made this very clear at the onset of the post you are quoting. He states twice, to my knowledge, in The ART of AVRT, that without a Big Plan, there is no AVRT. He also states as much on the RR web site. Even in the "New Cure" book, there is this:

Originally Posted by "RR: TNC" © by Jack Trimpey, Pg. 134
In the logic of AVRT, the absence of a plan to quit for good is a plan, now, to drink.
I'm interested in such a discussion as you propose, but rest assured I will chime in. I may have been ambiguous, but I will rectify that if need be.