Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
And, yes, you can only make it (the Big Plan) ONCE for each substance.
This is incorrect, GeramdTwine. In AVRT, the Big Plan is not about quitting one substance at a time, but rather about quitting all hedonic substances at one time. Trimpey makes this clear in his AVRT Course, the RR forums, and in "The Art of AVRT", but even in "The New Cure", drink and use are synonymous. There is no "marijuana maintenance" quit drinking program in AVRT, for example. Done is done, and that means no alcohol or any other henonic, non-prescribed drugs.

There is no quitting one-drug-at-a-time with AVRT. Trimpey apparently makes an exception for caffeine and nicotine, categorizing them as "minor-league", but IMO, the latter is only because he himself kept on smoking after quitting alcohol and other drugs. Personally, I believe it is the very same Beast driving things, regardless of the substance, and I suspect that even Trimpey knows this, since RR now provides specific quit-smoking materials.

Yes, this does necessarily mean that I personally consider all those chain-smoking RGM members not-quite-sober.