Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Peta View Post

So I've reaffirmed my original Big Plan which is that I will never drink again.

For me to drink is ALWAYS wrong.

My reason for quitting for good is because drinking is wrong and when I'm under the influence I can't guarantee my behaviour and I dislike the person I become.

Thanks
I don't think you mean "when I'm under the influence ..." any more.
Don't you mean "when I USED TO BE under the influence I COULDN'T guarantee my behavior and I DISLIKED the person I USED TO BECOME"?

With a Big Plan I sense these verb tense errors in glaring AV technicolor to the point of my simply not understanding how someone with a Big Plan could be making these "mistakes".

----

Later on, I want to get back into a discussion about perfect objective separation from the AV without a Big Plan. I'm not yet convinced it's not possible to succeed at abstinence in that manner.

Here's a Trimpey quote someone sent me in a PM:
"In AVRT, is not possible to recognize all of your AV and still drink. That is part of the foundation for our 100% threshold of confidence. AVRT is perfect, and attempts to discover imperfection in AVRT are just so much AV."
Also, I don't think a marriage vow is similar to a vow to prevent alcohol from going in my mouth. The latter is so damn in-my-face simple while the former is one of the most complex commitments imaginable to the human mind.