Old 04-05-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by BillieJean1 View Post

At 3-4 months, thoughts of how I wasn't drinking were still at the front of my mind a lot, and I didn't feel like I fit into my old life anymore, but I hadn't created a life without drinking in it yet.
I hadn't thought of it this way. Yes, at four months I haven't yet created a life without drinking. Sometimes I find myself going to bed at insanely early hours because I literally don't know what to do with myself. I need to really work on creating a life without drinking, not just on not drinking.

And thanks for everyone's advice. I prefer to ask for it here, in the Secular Connections section under this AVRT thread, because this philosophy really struck a chord with me. Nothing against AA at all, but it just doesn't strike a chord with me, and I feel if I ask questions in the Alcoholism section I'm often directed to an AA meeting or the Big Book. Of course I know full well I haven't mastered AVRT or gotten even close, but learning about both it (and, actually, the Freedom Model) are the only reasons I'm 4 months free today. So, thanks for everyone's advice. What a RELIEF it is every time I read something that helps me nudge even closer to a peaceful acceptance.