Old 12-22-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Sohard

Hi there,

New to sobriety (12 days). I've read almost every corner of the SR website, and all the far reaches of the internet, trying to find the magic cure for alcoholism: is it medication or AA or SMART or Lifering or AVRT??? To me, AVRT makes sense. And I guess that's what matters. Whatever makes sense to you and you can wrap your mind around is the system (plan?) a person should use. So, I am fully committed to trying this. The part of it that worries me is that, in a way, it seems too easy. Wait- I can just say "no" to the beast? And my hell is over? I've spent the past 20 years in hell, and I can just say "no" to it? It's a powerful concept, that's for sure. My first request I'll make of anyone reading this is that it would be just be so great to read about a success story. About a real long-term alcoholic who applied this plan and was done FOR GOOD. No relapsing. Does that apply to anyone here? If it does, I'd really appreciate your taking the time to share your story. It would help me, I think.

Secondly, I do wonder, IF it's so easy that I can just say "Nope beast, you're powerless, outta my way while I go live my life!", then why would people continue to spend their time logging onto SR secular recovery? Is it because maybe one day I can finally understand the beast is powerless, but I will still hear it roaring and a community of AVRT members can help quiet that roar?

I'm just desperately trying to figure it out and will take any and all advice. Thank you in advance of it.