Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by spryte View Post
So, I've slipped. I wasn't working my AVRT program. My book just arrived so I'm going to read that. I was feeling really discouraged but I realize that I can't let it get me down and that it's never too late to make a Big Plan. Alcohol is a depressant, no wonder I feel depressed.

It's going to be important to fill my time with healthy non drinking pursuits. I've started online dating, that is a bit of fun. I've met someone who I'm going to see again. And I have my AVRT book to read!

Back on the horse, as they say. Onwards!
Hi Spryte,

So, you have received your new manual on how to quit drinking for good by deprogramming from the Recovery Group Movement and learning AVRT. I bet your Beast was buzy plotting away the whole two weeks it took Amazon to deliver it.

You are about to climb out of the ditch created by pacing back and forth with the wishy-washy "I oughta stop" versus "Yum, I'm going to have a slip - let lots of alcohol slip on down my throat, or put another way "Ouch, this hangover is painful" versus "It's been a while, nothing bad's gonna happen, that beautiful nirvana buzz is SOOO, SOOO worth it.

Just think, when you finally make your Big Plan you will NEVER, EVER AGAIN feel that buzz. You will die (probably later than if you don't quit) without EVER feeling that buzz again. How does that sound to YOU? ... to your BEAST?

And, I must say, I'm really quite impressed that you are planning to read your AVRT book on your second date with your new friend. It's a very dynamic way to get the relationship off on the right track. It shows a bold willingness to be open and honest about your drinking past which includes discussing together your consideration of total abstinence. Yes, I think your new friend deserves such honesty. It will be interesting to hear what your new friend thinks of your refreshing approach. I hope you will be willing to share it with us.

All the best,
GT