Old 12-24-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
shakeel

I have been able to recognize the AV, label it and move on these few weeks since I came back to AVRT and left the "meetings". it's been sending subliminal messages such as going into my past and bringing up drinking situations to the surface, even bad situation that should deter me from drinking I label AV because "I" had no reason to be thinking about those distant bad memories anyways, so they must not come from me, they must come from a part of my brain that wants me to feel pity and sorry for myself and label me as an alcoholic and go back to what it knows best and familiar with, drinking again. I have been very mindful of my thinking and separating what comes from ME an what comes from the old neural pathways, mid brain, AV, the Beast. the old method of calling someone from the "program" never worked for me. The Beast loved it, after talking to that someone, the beast would just say "ok he's done with the phone call, I am still here and he has yet to make the distinction between between the real HE and the Beast in his Reptilian brain"