Old 12-14-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
I would argue that you have always possessed the power to quit drinking, Tatsy, but that you were led to believe otherwise. Addiction is a grand illusion of necessity enveloped and sustained by the Addictive Voice, which is subjectively experienced as self ("me").

That is, until the AV is finally recognized for what it is — inauthentic. It may feel like you were reborn after being misled for so long, both by your own AV, and by certain segments of society, but you have simply returned to your authentic self, albeit wiser for the experience.
Algorithm, I agree, completely. I always possessed the power to stop drinking, but sadly, I lost years of my life, by believing the Recovery Group Movement; who stated that the power was held by the G-d of my understanding and their Steps and meetings. Also, the Addiction Treatment Industry; who stated that the power was held by them, to be taught, administered or dispensed by them.

Since learning that the aforementioned isn't true via RR AVRT, my Addictive Voice is now overridden forever, by my Authentic Voice (of which I wrote recently) which is the voice of myself, my higher brain self, not the automatic lower brain Addictive Voice.

Therefore, although I do feel reborn, in reality, I've simply returned to my original, true, authentic self, in control of the base animal pleasure addict drive.

Freshstart, those ruby red slippers are awesome. That one image encapsulates everything that I've learnt, then experienced since making my Big Plan and practising AVRT........I have the power!

I always possessed the Power, it is inherent within me and every human being. I just didn't realise this was the case until I encountered SRs Secular Connection forum and it's fantastic inhabitants.