Old 11-19-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Jack16

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
I believe you have every capacity to make a Big Plan for alcohol right now. Making a Big Plan is a very important and necessary logical consequence of using AVRT to end an addiction.

There's a good section in the book "RR: The New Cure" about how to get out of your Big Plan, but Trimpey ends up discovering that he cannot find a way to get out of his Big Plan and neither can I. So, I'm very curious to hear how you got out of your Big Plan two years ago. What was going on in those minutes just before you got the booze and drank some more? What were your thoughts and feelings, and what were you actually doing? Did the idea of the Big Plan come up as you went to get the alcohol?

GT
Hey,

My first attempt with AVRT was a while back so I cannot remember what happened totally clearly, but - basically, while I had made a BP, and meant it, my grasp on the actual AVRT techniques was not fully there, I think.

So when the AV piped up, I suppose I recognised it at first, then kind of allowed it to take over. I reminded myself of my BP, then gave in to the AV saying: "Oh come on, you know this isn't really gonna work, you know there isn't really any division between 'you' and 'it', etc. I let it take over, I didn't use any AVRT, and that was that.

Basically, it was exactly like Trimpey says in the book.

I've been re-reading the book very carefully, and working through the wealth of info in Sec Recovery, and it is clicking with me constantly.