Thread: Swollen stomach
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by dearsobriety View Post
Hey guys,
I’m only 9 days sober but I had been drinking extremely heavily for the past 2 years. I had a question... most of my withdrawal symptoms are gone or have dwindled down significantly except my stomach seems to be getting more swollen and bloated every day. I’ve never seen it this big. I eat healthy foods when I’m hungry but I haven’t had much of an appetite so I know it’s not weight gain from food. I drink probably at least a gallon of water a day and that’s the only liquid I drink. Is this normal? I have noticed my face looks better.. less bloated and clearer skin. I thought for sure by now the swelling in my stomach would be shrinking as well. Anyways, if anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. Thank you! Hope everyone is having a good day!
Dearsobriety, my swollen belly was the last of my physical symptoms to improve.

My swelling was not too prominent, though.

You are only 9 days sober (which, in the total scheme of things, is still very early times) and it may take some more time.

We cannot give medical advice here. You need to be the best advocate for, and ally with, your body and health.

HOWEVER, while the liver is a highly resilient organ, I would strongly suggest a visit with your GP or a visit to the ER to discuss your concerns. Your fears may be allayed. If there is a problem, it is likely important that it be treated in a timely fashion.