View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Livelaughlove10

Acceptance around being an alcoholic?

Hi,
So I'm needing some support. I hate saying I'm a newcomer because I've been in the program for four years and had 2 years clean at one point... but I haven't been able to keep more than a few months together over the last year...so I'm a newcomer. What I would like some experience, strength, and hope on is how you came to accept being an alcoholic. I'm very angry that I'm an alcoholic... like so so angry. I don't have a lot of motivation to do the things I need to do every day to stay sober... and that scares me. It terrifies me. I get resentful that I can't just wake up like normal people and go to work and then come home and watch some TV and go to bed and simply stay alive by doing those things. I think it's unfair that I have to remain disciplined with recovery just to stay alive. I've gotten really lazy and unmotivated and I know I can't stay in that place or I'll end up going back out. I have a lot to lose but I don't want to wait until I've lost everything to find that motivation. Anyway, my sponsor thinks I need to find some acceptance around being an alcoholic. I just don't know how to do that. What's your experience with it?