View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Thanks again

Thanks for all the great support and advice. Being a stubborn SOB I often ignore it all, but it is still there in the brain kicking around and eventually realize that there are some good ideas there!! I'm pretty sure that is pretty common "addict" behavior!!

I struggle with the whole "Terminally Unique" concept, and maybe it is just because I don't understand it properly. I feel that many of us share similar stories and experiences, we are all different people and process things differently. If that were not the case there would not be so many different "paths to recovery." So maybe I do not properly understand the term.

On a positive note, I did not drink last night after coming off a 3 day bender (unusual, I usually only drink once or twice a week) I will be visiting my son this weekend so there will be no using while I am there.

I went back and read some old emails from my ex when we has just split up. WOW, I was a complete A-hole! I should be so grateful that she is willing to have ANY kind of relationship with me after all the crap I have put her through over the years. She would be out of her mind to try to pursue any kind of relationship with me, it would probably not be good for either of us. I a very thankful that we are as close as we are. I could turn into a saint, but it can't undo the things I've done in the past and that is just the way it is. The sooner I can come to recognize this the better off I will be.

This is not meant to beat myself up in any way, it is just a reality check. I am also of the firm belief that just because I drank yesterday (I actually didn't!) I am under no obligation to drink today.