View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
These are all things I know, though thanks for pointing them out to me again. Honestly it would probably be more helpful if you would share your story with me rather than just criticize me and what us not working. may not take your advice immediatly, but it is filed away and I do not bring it out.

Alternativity you can just keep your snarky comments to yourself. Either way works for me. Take care
You are right I was being snarky and I was directing it squarely at You. The real you , the rational , intelligent, compassionate You.

It was meant to be jarring, to try and shake some of what sure looks like some of your ingrained thinking and maybe shunt That to the side, like the objectivity Algo more deftly asked for.

That ingrained thought process is what answered me though. It shot back with some passive aggressive crap , comparing 'stories' , trying to highlight the idea of some terminal uniqueness that justifies intoxication as an emotional suave. It didn't even try to defend irresponsible and potentially dangerous behavior , just acknowledges it as par for the course as if reasonable responsible people will just excuse and set aside any 'judgement' on such issues, constantly deflecting any discussion on terminating future intoxication.

My story in a nutshell,as far as quitting goes , is like this : in a fairly desperate state I stumbled on SR and found out about AVRT/RR , those ideas resonated with me and I quit, you can too, I believe that even if you don't (yet). My story for why I self intoxicated , in a nutshell was I loved it, and I had/ have myriads of justifications for why I did it , beyond just sheer pleasure , the reasons and justifications I thought( or knew) I needed in order to keep doing it, until I decided to not do it anymore, ever again.

So , yeah, your AV is definitely going to grumble at the concept of never , that is the feature of AVRT, but mostly to shunt any thinking that isn't geared toward keep the supply of intoxicants coming . It will try and convince You that you can't even conceive of the concept , but deftly , probably by having you focus on any other aspect , except that one.

I don't really take the time and effort to be snarky on a recovery forum , just to for the sake of it .