Thread: Original Denial
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by BillieJean1 View Post
I don't think I fully understand this concept. I don't believe getting high or drunk is immoral in and of itself, but I do believe people are more likely to do immoral things while under the influence. When I used to use my motto was - know your drugs - some drugs were more likely to lead a person down a darker path and corrupt their morals more fully...
The problem is, that addicted people cannot fully predict with any degree of certainty to what depths of depravity living out the dictates of their Addictive Voice will lead them. DUI's to restock the supply, domestic abuse, prostitution, and theft to sustain the habit are but some examples of this.

If doing something disables someone's moral judgment, and effectively turns them into an animal, at risk to both themselves and others, is doing that something not immoral, in and of itself? Not for everyone, mind you, but at least for those those thus affected.

As long as the original denial remains in effect, and unrecognized, recovery remains elusive, if not impossible. The Beast is not immoral, but rather, amoral. It will kill you in time, if you follow its perverse logic, but not because it wants you dead, as some suggest. It is simply trying to survive, and doing what it must in that regard.

The human host, however, is perfectly free to categorically reject the Beast's sociopathic mindset, which is anchored in, and sustained by, original denial. Whether or not they will, however, is another matter entirely.