View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by fini View Post

my other thought is that our info about these things from people who leave, relapse and come back is only one side of the coin, as we don't usually hear from those who leave and are fine.
getting sober in small town, it was common to run into people i had met or seen in the rooms. id say over 3 dozen times i ran into people i hadnt seen in quite some time and we chatted for a bit. doing good doing what is suggested- to not make a sole vocation of the work of helping others recover;to show a demonstration of the principles in their respective homes, occupations and affairs.
i have ran into people that do a great deal of service work for the communities they live in-one that does missionary work, one that started working for for a local charity, one that volunteers at the local animal shelter- many different ways of being of maximum service to the people around them.

some people stop doing whats working for them. but not ALL people do. just because people dont show up at meetings doesnt mean they arent doing well.
ive been to 4 meetings in the last year.
crucify me!!!!!