Thread: Good Old Dino
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Smile Good Old Dino

Well, I just read about searching's husband spending the household money on a personal vacation and the Beav hijacking his boss' truck. So I hesitated a little about posting this but...

Dino was here briefly this week. He's gained more weight, looks fabulous and sounds pretty much like good old Dino again. He was cheerful and didn't say one nutty thing the whole time he was here. I found myself looking at the frumpy woman in the mirror and wondering how it is that he can look so great and I can look like an old woman. It made me launch a bit of a self improvement program. Anyway... it took him a long time to get to this point. Lot's of years went by when he wasn't even trying, and now it's been a couple of years of progress and slide, progress and slide. But each time he got a firmer grip on where he wanted to go. The change in him seems dramatic, but it has actually been gradual. Quitting using didn't take care of everything that was wrong. There was still a lot for him to deal with and that work has taken a long time to show results... but I see results.

I've had plenty of head scratching moments in the last couple of years. It's easy to get discouraged when the drugs go but the behavior lingers. He is a stubborn little cuss... but he finally got stubborn in a positive direction. I guess I just wanted to say... it can happen. Even when you think you have a human yo-yo on your hands... it can happen. I suppose he could still have a wind up or two left in him... but that string is getting frail. Hang onto your hope.

I'm gonna go bawl now.

Hugs,
Smoke