View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sohard

I know...a bad idea

Okay, I know this is a bad idea, but I'm still curious about moderation (which is know is not allowed to be discussed on this website, but I'm not asking about how to moderate). What I'm asking is, did any of you here have the urge to try moderation after learning about AVRT? If you did, what happened? There is a little part of me that says, maybe I could! As I've said before, I'm not a master at the AVRT technique, but I'm thrilled to be at 4 months free of alcoholic substances. However, now that I have been free from it for so long (it's all relative) and know about this technique, wouldn't it work for moderation too, so I could still take in the fun sometimes? Couldn't I, for instance, drink on a Friday night, but then Saturday say my urge was just the beast and ignore it? Or, is that not possible for someone who is "allergic" to alcohol, which I guess is what some people say about people who become addicted to the substance. I don't know. Just thinking aloud. I'll take any thoughts. I'm trying!