View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I've never been a religious person, I wasn't raised with religion and have not sought to remedy that as an adult. I never really put that much thought into back when I used to drink and party all the time. In the last year, since putting a cork in it, I've started to wonder more about these kinds of questions. I still don't believe in a god who listens and judges and grants wishes, but I have started to believe in a great creator or architect. It's all just too coherent and there is too much symmetry and balance for it to be random. I've spent a lot of time geeking out on documentaries about the mysteries of the universe and sub-atomic particles and the space and time. I find it all fascinating. I think whatever "it" is, it's beyond what our human minds can comprehend. Sometimes I think it must come from outside space and time, for it to have created them.

It's a miracle that we are alive, here on planet Earth, that we are conscious and aware. And what a time in history to be alive! The changes I've seen just in my brief lifetime are amazing. I think with technology and science moving the way they are, we are going to get a lot of answers to some of these questions.