View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
audra

OMG about this thread. I realize it's older but I have to thank you freshstart. After 5 1/2 months of sobriety, this is exactly what I need.

Lately, it is as if I've been under this hopeless, worthless, needy kind of cloud and I'm not that kind of person. AA and NA both helped at the beginning but yet again it cannot take me the whole way because it is causing me to second guess myself and continually look at what I'm doing wrong. Blessings to both organizations and the help they give to people though. But I'm not one who needs that constant coddling and it really starts to get on my nerves listening day after day about how hopeless I am having a disease that is going to have to be managed every $!!$ day.

Granted I never understood this thinking until now. I UNDERSTAND IT!! AVRT is what I need to take back my power, my control of MY life. I UNDERSTAND because I quit smoking when I was 19 years old, cold turkey, and never suffered under it's influence again because I was sure. I am sure now with AVRT.

THANK YOU so much for your post - the post that keeps on giving and giving years later.

Audra