View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
Sorry, some problem with my post I presume, which I thought was quite appropriate?
Jeffrey, you may be interested in learning more about the Rational Recovery (RR) concept and the use of AVRT (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique) to understand why your comment didn't quite resonate on this page. You can google "Rational Recovery" for more information if you're interested.

By design, RR does not recognize that support is necessary for anyone who desires to recover from alcohol or drugs. In fact, RR contends that recovery support groups are detrimental to permanent abstinence.

I understand this view is controversial and that it goes against almost all recovery precepts, but this page is for discussions of secular approaches such as RR, and those of us who are interested in RR accept or at least don't argue vehemently against the basic doctrines of Rational Recovery, including the support group issue. Furthermore, we contend that anyone can use AVRT to choose not to drink or use drugs. However, no one here is attempting to persuade anyone to use AVRT or forgo support groups, rather we don't feel such things are necessary for our own sobriety.