View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
dSober
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
OK, I need this also to be very clear. I am talking about only my sobriety. Mine. Not anyone else's sobriety, especially not yours. I am not criticizing anyone who does not think as I do about their own sobriety as I do about mine. I have no right to do that. I know that there are many ways to get to sober, and this one is mine.

Here is what I am asking of you, XXXXX. I am asking you to accept that what I have described above is real, and true, to accept this as fact, just like the sun rises. I am asking you to accept that this is true and real for me. I have decided that I have the power to believe this 'mind trick' as true, and I hold this belief very very strongly simply because my sobriety and my life depend on it. This belief allows me to be sober, and sober for good, no matter what ever might happen, however I might feel.

I hope you understand a little more about my sobriety, and thanks for listening to me.
Thank you! I now understand a lot more about your sobriety. Whatever works baby! Addiction is WAY too dangerous and destructive to quibble about how best to recover and who's sobriety is better!

Sincerely,
XXXXX