Thread: Conflict
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

I think it’s called observational learning and is a fairly standard positive expectation from teaching in classrooms, kindergarten through college. I’m sorry to hear it doesn’t work for you freshstart57 in learning AVRT. And I’m sure you’re not alone, which is why I guess MG is thanking you for your strong input.
Did I give the wrong impression? Because I don't feel that's a true statement, GT. Of course I learned from others, and I still do. I am a fan of observational learning, and self discovery too, and I feel the latter is the true learning. It is when the student connects the dots for themselves that the penny truly drops.

If my opinion and help is sought, say in a pm, I will gladly do what I can to share my perspective on AV, and as specifically and precisely as may be needed. I tend to back off open AV identification as I feel that being publicly embarrassed just isn't the most helpful paradigm. That of course is not the intent, but sometimes the result, none the less.

I remember TU talking about an RR forum that was particularly brutal in its manner, as this topic has come up several times in the past. I would suggest that this forum, where we have folks who try to help in a sensitive and self aware manner, is doing a better job.