Thread: Conflict
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I agree that an important part of AVRT is challenging and rejecting many ideas about addiction and recovery. That piece of it is germane to applying the technique, so you're right it's hard to discuss it and leave that part out. It would be like discussing AA, but leaving the steps out. I mean, you kinda can't do that and fully understand the program.

There's a line somewhere, and certainly calling out people individually as "the voice of the collective AV" (a RR follower in this forum did exactly that to me last year) crosses that line
Consider that while it may cross a line for you, it may be just the idea that someone else needs to hear. That's where this gets difficult.

Who is going to decide which statements are ok and which statements cross the line? I mean obvi name-calling and thinks like "you're an idiot" aren't conducive to discussion, but someone presenting an idea that you don't agree with? or in a way that you found abrupt? What if that same statement sparks an epiphany in someone and they are able to end their addiction and find peace and freedom?