Thread: Conflict
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 01:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by AlericB View Post
It doesn't bother me personally either but I object to anyone trying to take ownership of other people's experiences and trying to shut down or drown out debate over other models that may really help other people.
I completely get you Aleric and I am with you on that.
It's becoming very difficult for anyone to post about their personal views and feelings without it being immediately dismissed as 'AV'. This must be very off-putting for any newcomer wishing to talk about their experiences.
Once again, I agree with you, especially when the tone used is very patronizing.

The thing is that AVRT is a good method which has really helped many people quit. Also, not everyone who practice AVRT is a patronizing jackass.
Far, from it... there are quite a few AVRTer who are very helpful and ready to explain their method and help newcomers.

It would be a shame if AVRT could only be mentioned or discussed in some obscure sub-forum, who knows how many newbies who could have benefited from it would miss out.

I really don't like the idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater because of the behavior of a couple of individuals this is why my take on it is to just put that person on ignore or use the report button if they are way out of line.