Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post

Sohard, as all us Addicts have to do, you're having to retrain Behavioral 'essentials' - as they seem right now - and learn new essentials. Virtually all of us here have had to do that. Yah, I've done more 'fun' things in my Life than that, but it's simply repeatable motions you have to get through until it's about like riding a Bike.

6 Months in was much easier than at ~3 Months in, as many of us can attest. That increased ease keeps on a comin' as Sober Living becomes natural.

I call my present state 'Effortless Sobriety'. Cuz it is. I overcame Sobriety challenges with the same intensity of an Olympic Athlete training.
These are important things for me to remember. It particularly helps to know that you also felt you were using the "intensity of an olympic athlete" to overcome sobriety challenges. It's been hard to flip the switch in my mind, if you will, to "effortless sobriety", but I'm trying. Month 4 is much easier that day 4, so I'm hopeful it will keep getting easier with time and that new healthy behavioral essentials will fully take over for my previous drinking behaviors. Thank you so much for your thoughts!