Old 04-03-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Puzzle1000

Same happened with my exabf. It's so sad looking back how we all celebrated him finally coming to his senses. All rallied around him going in. Even he was so excited for the chance to get sober. After one week in he called and said he wanted to leave - it wasn't right for him. He wasn't like the other people. They talked him into staying another week then I got the call " they are letting me out early. They think I am good to leave now". My heart sank. But I believed him and picked him up with the highest of hopes. He was on cloud nine and felt great. We kept things up and I "think" he stayed sober for almost two months. But he relapsed hard. Then tried to hide from me. It's gut wrenching when you stood by them through the work of getting sober only to see them start up again. I'm not sure how much longer mine can go on this course. He's a vodka drinker and was at the point of serious withdrawals before he went to rehab. He also lost his license and job before going in. So he's pretty much rock bottom. You are not alone my friend. Hugs.