Old 04-03-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Welcome Dzhen. I'm so glad you found us and hope we can support you in this tough situation. Also great to hear that you are attending Alanon. Many here found it to be a life-saver.

I left my qualifier when he decided not to get any help. He swore up and down that he wasn't going to do drugs anymore. I expect he believed himself that this was what would happen however I didn't believe him.

I left to pursue my own life and believe me it was one of the toughest things I have ever done also one of the best things I have done. He progressed all the way to selling drugs. He went to jail for 3 years where he got sober. He is a bit of a miracle. As far as I know, he is still sober but he had to do it on his own time schedule not mine.

Some people decide to hang tough with their Qualifiers many of us don't. It depends on what you want out of your life. From what I understand, my qualifier's sobriety was an exception as he was doing meth. Although your qualifier is only alcoholic, the odds are not great that he will recover. Ugh.

It might be time to think about what you really want specially in light of the situation where he never does obtain sobriety. We recommend coming up with a plan of what you will do in the future given his on going alcoholism.

Big hug and welcome.