View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
OT: Married Life

As I write this, my wife and I are preparing to leave for Sarasota, FL tomorrow afternoon. Winter in the Merrimack Valley was pretty reasonable...until this month. But I knew that both my wife and I would need to get out of dodge for a few days. So I booked our trip
the first week of January. The time went pretty fast for me. Her, not so much. True to form, she wasn't initially excited about the trip because it was seemingly too far away. Now, however, she can't wait and I'll be having a hell of a time getting her to leave for home.

Married life...it's actually pretty chill for the most part. We have our routines. We enjoy each others company very much. She's a lot moodier than I am, but 99% of the time I don't take that personally.

One unintentionally funny moment was earlier this month. I updated my guitar amplifier to an EVH 5150 IIIS EL34 half stack (translation: Eddie Van Halen's new amplifier that's a modern take on his old Marshall from the first six Van Halen records). It's a 100 watt head and a speaker cabinet with 4 12" speakers in it. And it takes up a lot of space. I took a picture of it and sent it to my wife, who proceeded to note it's size and asked if I wanted to get rid of the sectional and the television to make more room for my gear...

...and that's when I really knew I was married. I got rid of my old amplifier last weekend to free up space.

She's a great girl. We have a really good life together. It's not perfect, but nothing is. And it's sure as hell orders of magnitude better -- and saner -- than the life that brought me here six years ago.

I'm dying for some sun, the waters of the Gulf, palm trees, the white sands of Siesta Key, tropical beverages, blackened grouper, and some fun time with my wife. And I hope you're all doing well.