View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AutumnMama

Originally Posted by Clover71 View Post
Do you have a good relationship with the parents? I'm sorry if I missed it. Do they know what is really going on?
Yeah we get along! His mom can be a little dramatic about things, which drives my husband crazy (almost literally) but it doesn’t bother me for some reason.

The problem I’m also struggling with is that she doesn’t know about any of the recent events. And he doesn’t want to tell her. I feel like she needs to understand the situation before I move in there. I don’t want her to think I’m at fault or I’m being dramatic etc. but he doesn’t want to tell her about the medication, smoking, etc and it’s his mom. She doesn’t even know he’s on antidepressants. He’s terrified of her and not seeming perfect to her. She does know about him being an alcoholic, therapy, etc.

When he brought up me moving in there with her.... she was confused about why I would be the one moving. But seemed excited to have her grandson around. I’m a little worried about not feeling totally “welcome” there either but I feel if it’s only temporary and would be more of an awkwardness than the somewhat Abusive situation I’m in now.

It’s not perfect. I wish it was a perfect solution.