View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
LuckyDude

I am so glad I found this thread. I am an alcoholic and have been struggling with my drinking for the past 4 years. I had always been a heavy drinker, but about 9 years ago I had my first six pack during the day (not after work), and steadily began drinking at lunch after that. I travel a lot for my job and was drinking in SkyClubs at the airport whenever I was in an airport. Mornings, lunch, evenings. It didnt matter.

About a year and a half ago I started going to AA, but it just wasn't for me for some reason. Then I started drinking at 9AM after going to the liquor store and getting a pint of Vodka, chugging half of it and going to Mcdonalds. So bad. I was heading in a very bad direction, into a very bad spot.

Finally I white knocked it 5 days sober and went to my Dr. to tell her all about it. She knew my history but didn't know it was that bad. I told her that I didn't want to do anything but drink, and had no desire to work, exercise or hang out with my family. Also couldn't focus for more than 5 minutes on anything.

She listened and put me on Wellbutrin. 150MG for 7 days then 300MG XL.

Unbelievable. Immediately after taking it I had no desire to drink. None. My focus was amazing, and I stopped procrastinating and was incredibly productive. I would think about a drink, and immediately the DESIRE disappeared. It was incredible. I would be in a Sky Club at the airport and everyone is drinking....no desire. I was at meetings out at dinner, everyone drinking, no desire.

It's been three weeks, and I told my wife today that it was the first day in years that I went an entire day and not once had a thought about a drink.

I looked all around Google searches and have not seen many threads/sites with the subject of this drug to be prescribed for alcoholics. I am truly shocked at this given my experience. Absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait for tomorrow, and highly suggest this pill for anyone struggling. Of course it may not work for you, but I am convinced this drug saved my life.