View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

My exah was in this state over 4 years ago but is still limping along. He's got end stage liver failure, severe pancreatic disease, kidney failure, a constant internal bleed they cannot repair, his electrolytes are all over the place causing dizziness and him to be off balance and he cannot walk anymore due to nerve damage to his feet caused by drinking. That's as much as he will admit too and when I first saw him in his first ever detox I walked passed his bed twice cos I didn't recognise him. His eyes had even changed colour. From brown to light blue. That really freaked me out but it turned out he has glaucoma too.

It's sad to see them go down hill and even harder to cope with the idea that it can go on for an indefinite amount of time. My adult sons have no contact with their dad now as they found the constant waiting for the shoe to drop too hard. If I had a dollar for every time we'd been asked to go to the hospital cos he was at deaths door I'd be rich. I wish you all peace during this time. It's a hard one