View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Greenwood618

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Your questions almost imply that love and trust within family and friendships should be exclusive to people who claim powerlessness over alcohol/drugs ending up in their bloodstream. I believe reality is the opposite. People who DO take personal responsibility for their own behavior are more likely to succeed at shared love and trust in their close/intimate relationships.

It’s hard to trust and love someone who has a history of horrible behavior while under the influence and is not willing to finally promise “I will never drink/drug again.”

If you choose not to invest a few dollars for the book “Rational Recovery, The New Cure”, you can still get detailed and logical answers for your questions within the Rational Recovery website.
I believe that what we are seeing here is the repetition of what has become a common theme in the past few months.

That is, there is a certain segment of people who don't like their bad behavior pointed out while drinking and decline to accept the reversal of such as a reason to quit.

Rather, quitting is attributed to "happiness" or "freedom" or something else. Some people are unwilling to accept any restriction on their impulses imposed from the outside.

And with that, comes hostility toward AVRT, which is based on the unity, peace and prosperity of the human family and its hostility toward immoral behavior such as chronic drunkeness.

Of course, anyone is free to create whatever notions they wish, and in fact, a central tenet of AVRT is something all mature adults recognize, and that is that no one particularly cares how, or even if, you quit drinking.