Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

I believe the meaning of abstinence in any program is of paramount importance, especially whether the program uses conditional abstinence or permanent abstinence or presents them both. The attempt to confront that point in this thread began with the serious introduction of the word “quat” alongside the word “quit”. That creative idea was immediately humorized (or “mocked” if you so choose) in the very next post and received no follow-up until I posted much later about the importance of the difference between permanent and conditional abstinence without using the new coined word “quat”.

The reason I bring this up again is I’m still unsure as to how the Freedom Model deals with the difference between conditional abstinence and permanent abstinence and hope someone could help clarify.

I appreciate this quote from the forum rules “Healthy, vigorous debate will further our goals, but only when guided by the tolerance that springs from mutual embrace of mission.”

I think it’s important to stay on top of who is expressing intolerance of what and keep it to a minimum; and I think everyone who is part of the SR staff has been doing a great job given the state addiction in our society.