View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Reading the links from the OP, the best part of their approach, imo, is their stance against recoveryism and the disease model.

They tout their rate, which seems as though they mean the current Method, only to find out their rate incorporates people who attended their program going back decades when their method was modeled more on a step and self improvement approach. Ironically this buttresses the claim that no 'method' is necessary given their rates stay consistent regardless their content. And also the logic that says that people who voluntarily agree to or seek out treatment have made a conscious effort to change their pursuit of intoxication behaviors.

Their participants seem to be younger people in the aggregate and their over all approach or view of success is to be happy with behavior geared toward the pursuit of intoxication and not necessarily the abolition thereof.

On his blog Slate states he is a successfully happy moderate user. The impression i get from all of this is that the only reason I too can not be a happy moderate user is.. well truthfully I'm not sure what I'm missing other than more drinks, I'm happy without but maybe I'd be happier with some moderate level use ?