SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Question for those experienced with withdrawal symptoms
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
wastedpotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post

I'm not sure anyone here has said 'if you can taper, you're not an alcoholic'.
I've seen it thrown around a bunch in the month that I've been hanging around. When someone mentions tapering, it goes something like if you can control your drinking by definition your not an alcoholic because alcoholics can't control their drinking.

My drinking was excessive but it wasn't out of control. I didn't get duis or blow all my money. I never blacked out, didn't even like being drunk. Just drank beer every night and got to my level of buzz. At one point I started drinking during the day alot but recognized it as a serious problem. Managed to stop doing that and go back to my normal nightly drinking for a year and a half before quiting for good. While drinking less and less and for 6 months before quiting for good.

So when people say stuff like if you can control your drinking your not an alcoholic. It gets my AV going with the old see I knew you weren't that bad your fine you can drink again, all these alcoholics are saying your not one.
wastedpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wastedpotential For This Useful Post:
jessiessong (03-12-2018), Tang (03-12-2018)