Old 03-11-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wastedpotential

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcpme back Jessie. We really can't give you advice in what your withdrawals might be like as each person is different. The amount and frequency you drink is not always an indicator either.

As you've found, Tapering is rarely successful as it is a form of "controlling" your drinking,, and as alcoholic we cannot control our drinking by definition. If you are concerned that yiu might experience strong withdrawals, seeing a doctor before quitting is the safest bet.
You guys should really stop saying the whole if you can taper your not an alcoholic. I successfully tapered down it took a few tries to get right but I did it. Then again quieting out right took a few tries to.

Along with all the people that say stuff like I drank like an alcoholic drinking a liter of vodka a day. I feel like I should stop coming here. It makes me feel like I'm not an alcoholic. When I know I am.

jessiessong It sound like I drank like you and tapered down to the equivalent of 2 light beers a day. When I quit completely I still had some rough nights of sleep and the sweeting. In retrospect I should of cut off the taper sooner. At 2 beers a night I think I was just prolonging the inevitable. The taper did help though coming down from the equivalent of about 7-8 light beers a night. Scotts right that every one is different so there is no telling how your withdrawals will be but I'd bet yours will go smoother than mine. I think I had a kindling effect from trying to quit so many times and heroin use in my past.