View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by nitabug0107 View Post
Many people have questioned why I care so deeply for only been seeing him for a short amount of time. I don't know if I have a reasonable answer for that, at least not one that won't be judged harshly.
It doesn't really matter what we think of your reason. If you wish to share something that's good, if not, that's ok too.

Lots of people post here with different stories, different scenarios, different lengths of relationships, they may have just met, they may be considering divorce after 20 years they may be wondering if they are being abused.

With you, it's compact (time wise) . Jail, Dui's, ERs, parents worried, having to call the police to get him out of his truck, drinking in your house etc etc.

Your are getting advice and a lot of it and it's tough to take in. You weren't approached with the "starter" stuff because - wow - you needed advice and fast. Just know that it was almost all coming from a place of hope for you.

One other thing, people keep telling you to take care of yourself for this reason. Active Alcoholism is selfish. There is very very very little give and you will become depleted. If there is no one looking out for you (including you, you are looking out for the alcoholic) it's going to tap you out. It's ok at first but your strength will diminish. That is why everyone keeps telling you that.