View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

nitabug....Please consider this fact.....this is a public forum, so, naturally, we get all types of personalities, here. Each person is different and have a different "style" of posting. Everything from very gentle...to "in your face" confrontation.
Because of this...we have some advice for those who feel misunderstood...like I think you must be feeling, right now....We say---"Take only what works and leave the rest".....I think that is what you should do, right now. As far as I can see...there was only the one post that upset you....and, I see a LOT of other posters who see you as a compassionate person who was doing the best that you knew how. That is all that can be expected of anyone...right?
Please stop beating yourself up...and, you don't need to keep explaining yourself on this matter...because those of us who have been in relationships with alcoholics understand how hellish it can get...you can read that over and over, in the thousands of posts that we have here.....

I would like you to consider going to alanon meetings...because you need the support for your grieving and you need to heal....you can benefit from being in the room with others who understand, beyond words, what this is like....

In addition to the trauma of this....you have suffered a loss of something that you had hopes and dreams of....so, naturally, you are going to go through a period of grieving that loss...and, you will need to heal.....

Around here we have a saying about alcoholism..."The 3 C's"....
You didn't Cause it/You can't control it/ and, you can't Cure it.....