View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
WeaverBird
Keep Going

It's great you're here. SR is the backbone of my recovery. I was here pretty much all the time at the beginning. I also tried every, and I mean every, sober trick suggested by members until I found the ones that worked and they became My Plan.

( AA, SMART, DBT therapy, daily readings, christian contemporary music, walking, hard exercise, posting daily, reading posts during insomnia, community groups, volunteering, helping other drunks, reading, old whatsisname's book, the big book, a sponsor, sober friends, blogging, youtube documentaries podcasts, AA speaker tapes, telephone helplines, affirmations and afformations, yoga, online jigsaws, monthly doctor visits). I've just shocked myself at how much I do!!!!

I couldn't break the habit of buying alcohol like a robot on a mission at first, I'd just automatically go to the store, but I could post here before I drank it. I got help to pour it away. That sounds funny as I write it but after a couple or few attempts my sobriety stuck.

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the people here who believed in me when I didn't realise what I was up against.

Together we are stronger