View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

It wasn't long before I found out he is an alcoholic. A week into our relationship, I encouraged him to quit drinking.... "It's me or the bottle!" On January 1st, He quit cold turkey and the detox symptoms were unbearable. He vomited for days and days. He shook and cried in pain. Finally, I couldn't handle seeing him that way, I spent my 31st birthday (January 7th) and our 3rd date in the ICU holding his hand and begging nurses to make him better. Everyone told me that I was a strong source of support and he was going to need me during this recovery journey. I believed that he was going to change.

demanding that a long term alcoholic stop drinking/go cold turkey is VERY dangerous.....that you let him go for DAYS in such agony is unconscionable....those who know nothing about the disease and the possible dangers of quitting have no business demanding that they know what is best. that this happened within a WEEK????

i'm sorry.....you are both better far apart. he was fine and sober for a month when at his parent's home in February. you then again intervened/interfered and took him from that environment to your home and he used that opportunity to start drinking again. you are not helping. his issues LONG preceded you and you are ill equipped to help someone in his condition.