SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - First Post and Intro
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NavelGazebo

First Post and Intro

Do we introduce ourselves in a post, here? I am new and trying to figure it out. I have 23 days sober under my belt. I was in the detox unit of the hospital for a week in Mid-Feb after a trip to the ER, because I knew I needed to end a month long binge. I was a mess, drinking 2 or 3 bottles of wine a day. The thing is, nothing triggered this binge other than boredom. I just started drinking more and more...

All my adult life I struggled but this year it really escalated along with depression and anxiety. So, after that detox and hospital stay, finally clean, I realized I had my whole life still ahead of me (I'm 47, so, you know, hopefully still some life left). This is the scariest part. How to live this new life?

I am often depressed and ANGRY at myself for getting so out of hand. I am bitter sometimes. I still crave wine or cocktails at restaurants. At home with my husband I feel OK, but socializing brings intense cravings whiny fits, self-pity, anger. I try to hold it in.

I am going to some AA meetings and while I enjoy listening to the experiences of other members, I am an atheist and I just can't conceive of a higher power.

I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here and how to adapt to this new sober life. I welcome any advice and new friends. I don't have anyone to talk to besides my husband - about my recovery. Although I will start counseling soon. I'd just love to connect online with some experienced folks.

Thank you for reading.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NavelGazebo For This Useful Post:
ChloeRose63 (03-05-2018), Dee74 (03-05-2018), Hevyn (03-05-2018), julietUK (03-05-2018), lessgravity (03-05-2018), Midwest1981 (03-05-2018), mnjen (03-05-2018), Raeven (03-05-2018), Rowlands1 (03-05-2018)