Old 03-03-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hayfmr

Divorced AW and now our adult children are mad at me

Its been nearly 2 years since I was last here. I thought I had everything going great. I was married for 30 yrs to a binge drinker and had 3 girls. Everyone in the family was fed up with her drinking and I was wanting a divorce. Nearly 2 years ago it all came to a head when she showed up at our daughters wedding totally wasted. Daughter kicked her out of the wedding and has never spoken to her since. I started the divorce and it was finally finished last August. Since then another daughter has quit speaking to her mother. The last daughter still communicates with her but on a very limited basis. It sounds like EXAW is drunk most of the time

Heres where it gets interesting. The 2 daughters that wont speak to their AM are mad at me because I am in a new relationship. The other daughter is ok with it. They both claim that they are no over the breakup of our family unit yet they refuse to speak to their mother. The daughter that kicked mom out of her wedding just last night revealed that she believes I would have never divorced her mother if she had not kicked her out of the wedding. (Not correct I was already headed for divorce.) Anyhow it appears to me that she is blaming herself for the divorce. It also appears that they have guilt issues surrounding their refusal to speak to their mother and they are taking it out on me by disapproving of my moving on with my life. For the record I encourage them to have a relationship with their mother.

I am sure others have had to deal with a similar situation. How did you handle it?