View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
lafoie

Originally Posted by incognition View Post
I was having the same sorts of symptoms during the final days of my drinking. Strange leg and arm pains and tingling, weakness and extreme sensitivity to temperature. At the height of the problems, they were bad enough that we were thinking it could possibly be MS.
May I ask how long the symptoms persisted after you quit drinking and how gradual/noticeable was the recovery? If I only had hope that this would gradually subside within a year or so I wouldn't worry so much.

Originally Posted by incognition View Post
I am still scared I've done permanent damage to my body though, damage that may not appear for years. My liver showed normal signs, so I'm not so much worried about it as my nervous system. The liver is noted for its exceptional ability to heal, but the nervous system is noted for its exceptional RESISTANCE to healing. But there's no way to know right now, so I try not to think about it and just keep on living
It worries me too that it seems the full damage has not manifested itself yet. On the other hand, if you did the imaging tests and they didn't indicate major nerve damage, I think you shouldn't worry about things getting much worse. Nerves can regenerate and rewire somewhat, so if you take good nutrients you give yourself a chance.

I didn't do the fancy nerve tests, but they pushed me, stretched me and bent me in all sorts of positions and nothing was glaringly bad, so I'm hoping my damage is not severe and I caught my symptoms early, while they are still recoverable.