View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
incognition
Running on Backup Power

I was having the same sorts of symptoms during the final days of my drinking. Strange leg and arm pains and tingling, weakness and extreme sensitivity to temperature. At the height of the problems, they were bad enough that we were thinking it could possibly be MS. I saw a neurologist and, like you, all tests came up showing nothing. Even had a few expensive imaging tests done, all of which came back "normal", meaning a lot of money just thrown away.

This was one of the things (along with cognitive problems and a serious self-introspection) that led me to quit. That was about 8 months ago, and so far those problems have not returned. I do occasionally have some problems with my left foot hurting (nerve-type pain) and with circulation in my hands and feet, but the symptoms are much better than they were.

I am still scared I've done permanent damage to my body though, damage that may not appear for years. My liver showed normal signs, so I'm not so much worried about it as my nervous system. The liver is noted for its exceptional ability to heal, but the nervous system is noted for its exceptional RESISTANCE to healing. But there's no way to know right now, so I try not to think about it and just keep on living.