View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

I really have no one else to talk to or no one to turn to for help. I’m just so frustrated and pissed off today, even the people who’re paid to care don’t even seem to give a rats ass if I live or die. Really? What is the point of staying sober?
The point is - you really need to do it for yourself

I was dying slowly in my drinking life. In my sober life I've never felt more alive - but I had to build that sober life, and that took a little time and patience.

I have a warm and loving circle of friends again too - I'd pushed them all way in my love affair with the booze.

It's goign to take longer than 18 days to sort all that out Pete - but I believe you will

Don't do this for the 'attaboys' - although you'll find those here, they'll probably be in shorter supply than you'd like in 'real' life.

I don't think I'd assume the clinic doesn't care if you live or die..I 'd say it's much more likely their overun with patients, maybe?

I'm glad you persisted tho. I'd also get those chest pain looked at - might be anxiety sure but it'd be good to know that for sure.

Do it for yourself, Pete- cos you're worth the effort

D