View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Babescake

Finally some forward motion

I finally feel that sobriety is starting to pay off. After getting out of treatment and having the flu/being sick for 2+ weeks I've been able to make several meetings and connect with some women. In the past I isolated myself to the point where I was nearly a hermit, but I'm pushing myself to get out there more. Plus the more I sit around and not keep busy, the more I want to drink, so I'm being proactive about it.

I've also got two job interviews lined up for part-time work, which I'm excited about. It would be nice to get out of the house and not worry so much about finances.

I've also had a chance to talk to several people from my rehab. It is so good to reconnect and have the support I'm missing at home. I think I'm going to plan a trip back to my rehab for some of their aftercare/alumni support some weekend soon despite the 3 hour drive. It will help recharge me.

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on my roller coaster journey. I don't always say it, but I'm grateful for you all here.