View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
atalose

She is being coached by aa members who have recently gone through horrible divorces. I guess misery loves company.
WOW, guess it couldn’t just be the fact that she wants to drink in peace without you hovering around her or playing eye spy where’s the booze. The disease is progressive so how things used to be with her and you are no longer and that is not AA’s fault. Nor is it AA’s fault that your wife has chosen NOT to participate actively in her own recovery. And it’s very possible that even if she’s actually going to any meetings that she’s met someone similar who also doesn’t want to stop drinking.

As of now it seems an in house separation is happening even if she doesn't realize it yet.
And from what you’ve shared it doesn’t seem like she’d even care and might even welcome that. Kind of got you off her back right?

I think she is playing a manipulation game whereas I am not. She just doesnt realize that yet. I think she thinks I am going to cave and apologize.

You sure about that? Isn’t using empty ultimatums a form of manipulation? And haven’t you already caved by not sticking to your boundary? That’s like a “I’m sorry” I’m not actually going to follow through with my words………………..just like she is not actually following through with her words of recovery.