Thread: Lonliness
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Red1234

Originally Posted by Madisonv View Post
Does anyone else feel like being the spouse/parent/sibling/etc. of an addict is the lonlinest feeling in the world? Especially when they are your significant other and you have children. It makes me angry that I can never drop the ball, or have a break, because there is a little person depending on me to always be there and always make them feel safe. I will always be the best mother to my son that I can, but I can’t help but feel so much lonliness and anger for being a single parent when the other parent is 10 feet away from you. I’m having a really hard night and difficult time dealing with this. I’m assuming all of you can relate to this pain. Can it get better? Or is the only way for it to get better by leaving that person? It’s confusing to feel like you are the perfect match with someone but they go back and forth from being the person you want and need.
I feel same way. My wife is heroine addict. She can’t see my son unless supervised by Cps. It’s sucks. It’s hard to have a social life. I have to go through loops just to get some time to myself. Best thing to do is leave him and never look back. You don’t want that life.