View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Berrybean

He's an alcoholic and in early days of recovery. He had to learn how to LIVE life on life's term. How to deal with people. How to be sober me. And if I'd tried to do that all alone then I'd still be crazy depressed now, or I'd have cracked and be drinking again. Same as if I'd sought help from non-alcoholics. I needed help from folk who'd walked the path ahead of me. I live on the hope and strength that their stories gave me until I'd built up enough tools of living sober through working on my recovery to have some hope of my own.

There are plenty of options for recovery out there. This place being one of them. How come YOU are on here but HE isn't? Have you told him about it? I'm betting you have. Has he tried SMART or AA.

And yes, he is anxious. That's how we ALL were when our crutch was removed. That's why it's a case of getting desperate enough. YOU are desperate, but perhaps at the moment he's just miserable and has a little way left to go before he'll get that desperation and willingness.

Have you looked into AlAnon or similar for your self?

BB