Old 02-22-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Andante

I'm afraid that in the end, it won't much matter what people say here, even if you get a bunch of responses that say "Yeah, I had that" -- whatever is causing your itching, it'll either go away on its own, or it won't, and you'll either find a treatment for it that helps, or you won't.

I went through a terrible post-acute withdrawal syndrome with all kinds of weird symptoms (although itching wasn't one of them), and in retrospect, the worst wasn't the symptoms themselves but my anxiety about them, and the feeling of dread and frustration that I was destined to feel that way forever.

It sounds to me like a worse problem than the itching and dermatitis could be your anxiety itself, which comes across quite clearly in your post. I found that when I took concrete steps to address my anxiety in general, and specifically my anxiety about all the weird symptoms I was experiencing, the symptoms themselves seemed to ease -- or at least, they didn't bother me as much.

Are you doing anything in recovery to address your general state of mind, anxiety levels, outlook on life, etc. -- or did you just stop drinking and carry on as you were?